I love most desserts that contains lemons – lemon meringue pie, lemon drizzle cake and in particular a good lemon tart. We had my parents over recently and I had a bag of lemons in the pantry and so I thought I’d whip up a really simple, quick to make, homemade lemon tart. After posting the picture on Facebook I was asked for the recipe so here you go…
You will need:
- 200g tin of condensed milk
- Juice and zest of 3-4 lemons
- 3 egg yolks
- A sweet pastry base – I cheated and used ready made!
And this is what you have to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180c / Gas 4
- In a bowl, pour the condensed milk and give it a bit of a stir,
- Add in the lemon juice and the lemon zest
- Separate the eggs so you have the yolks and add the yolks to the mixture, give it a really good whisk to thicken
- Pour the mixture into the pastry case and bake in the oven for twenty minutes
- Once baked let the tart cool and set for at least an hour but as long as you are able to give
- Serve with raspberries and ice cream!